Monday, May 21, 2012

Selena $OCIETY public art peice

For this project I decided to put a quirky twist on the common crosswalk and pedestrian sign. My idea was to create an old fashion tv and write the word society on it with a dollar sign and paste it over the heads of the people. People would look at it and internalize the message differently. My primary message was that society is so consumed by money that it is what every one ends up seeing. My placement was strategically chosen because pedestrian signs are very common and are always looked at. Because of that the constant viewing of the signs acted as a perfect place for all eyes to look at my piece. I thought this assignment was really worth while because this allowed my to try something new as well as learn photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment