Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hunter Johnson - The Golden Ocean

  


Hunter Johnsons Blog 

The Golden Ocean!






My inspiration for this piece was on my drive home from school every day seeing the sunset from my house.  One day I came home from school and Googled my favorite picture of a sunset beach that I could find.  I felt this picture needed something more, so I took the original picture and duplicated it.  On the top layer I went to "image-adjustments-hue/saturation" and turned "saturation" all the way down thus causing the picture to be black and white.  Then I erased the ocean and the most colorful part of the clouds, after the colors of the sunset shined through.  This medium of this picture was odiously taken as a photograph but still looks beautiful.  I chose a photo because lately I have been drawing abstract and painting but I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and wanted to see how it would turn out.


When I was working on this piece, I was very resourceful because on google it took me about 10 min. just to find the photograph that I thought was the best.  I was wasn't sure weather I should choose a picture of a beach or a sunset beach.  I ended up just choosing a sunset beach because I couldn't decide.  I was very intellectually curious making this picture.  I asked lots of questions and for advise.  I was not sure what to do on the picture but it ended up amazing.  This piece reflects on my work this hole year because it shows how I use my surroundings in my work and I try and do my best because at everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment