Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Eyes of Paradise"


My artist of inspiration is Hannah Höch. The style of art that she does is Dada Cordial. She was creating her most known art in the 1920`s-`1940`s. Her work inspires me because I really enjoy doing collage and I really enjoyed the spontaneous aspect of her artwork. Her work incorporates the school value of perseverance. I think this is because it takes a while to collage and choose the pictures you want to use on your piece, and even though you might want to give up, you keep on trying and persevering to finish it.

 When I was completing my piece, I was resourceful because I researched a lot of different artist before choosing her. My intellectual curiosity was enhanced when doing this project because I had to figured out how to create depth of field, such as with the shapes, sizes, placing, balancing out where everything will go, as well as the negative space.  I also used a variety of different patterns and pictures that show a lot of texture. With the eyes, I tried to use complementary colors next to each other, such as putting purple eyes next to gold eyes.  I also used repetition in my piece by using only eyes in the bouquet and the same type of nail polish bottles throughout the bottom of the piece.  I think this piece represents the quality of my work this year because I worked really hard and even if I have a tough time with a project, I always preserver and keep going with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment