Monday, May 7, 2012

Nuria's Street Art Project

As I researched street art two weeks ago, I was totally fascinated by all the amazing street art ideas. I got so excited that I was going to be able to do something like that too, that I was going to be able  to make a statement that a lot of people would see. I wanted to make something that would make people smile or make them feel better when they would see it.
And as I saw this one street art project in the internet, where someone cut a heart out of black tape and taped the half with the heart-hole on a street light so that when the light turned red, you would see a red heart shining down on you, instead of just a red circle, I decided that I wanted do that too.
So, I cut hearts out of black paper and put these hearts all over Downtown San Diego, on every red spot I could find. I put them on stop signs, on a trolley, on red walls, on flower pots, on a red fence and on train lights. It was very fun do do that and mostly of the passengers who saw them or saw me putting them on, they smiled and an old woman even took a picture of one of my hearts on a red wall... It was so great to see that. :)
I felt like I was doing something good, that these hearts would improve someone's day. And this feeling was amazing.



I think, my project was successful in all ways. And I really want to something like that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment