Wednesday, May 30, 2012

"Color Pop"


My artist of inspiration is Niki de Saint Phalle. She created art from the 1980s to the early 2000s. She was alive at the time of New Realism. She is a sculpture artist and she has sculptures all over San Diego County and Europe. While this may be true, I did not base my art project off of her sculptures. Niki de Saint Phalle also did another form of art where she would paint over a colorful canvas and then shoot the canvas with a shotgun. Her work inspires me because the balance of her work is spontaneous, asymmetrical, and colorful. I think the way she puts paint on the canvas varies and is beautifully executed. I like the variety of colors and the fact that there is not really any particular pattern to her work. Her work and mine represent perseverance because both her and my art work require problem solving and planning.
For my project I painted a canvas white and then put thumbtacks into the bottom if the canvas facing up. I then filled many balloons with paint and then I threw the balloons at the canvas. My work represents resourcefulness because I had to figure out how to get the paint in to the balloons. It took me a lot of time and thought to figure out the perfect way to get only paint into the balloons. I was intellectually curious when it came to this piece because I originally wanted to use warm and cool colors but then I ended up just using cool colors. My work represents me in the sense that I am very spontaneous and so is my work. The quality of this piece reflects all of my other pieces this year because I worked as hard on this one as all the rest and it came out as good as all my others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment