Thursday, October 20, 2011

Zeecy's Collage Project

"Morning Routines"
My project was inspired by Banksy, the anonymous street artist (graffiti artist) from the UK. I mimicked his style by making stencil and spray painting black paint on a poster paper. I collaged the room behind the girl and drew in her reflection on the mirror. The outer edges of the room are made piece by piece, leaving for open interpretation: Is the room falling apart or coming together? The frame created a camera or telescope effect.
I created depth by using extremely thin lines of paper to create the drawers and counter, since the main point of the piece is the girl. I decided not to use colour for my piece because I wanted it to appear simple, yet detailed down to the reflections in the mirror and shapes I used to collage. I didn't want any colour scheme to overrule the simplicity of the picture.
I balanced out my piece by making the main event of the picture (the girl tying her hair) spray paint and details around her collaged. And although the spray paint is the main point, I took more time on collaging than stenciling, so that also created a balance in what I was doing.
I used texture in my piece. I made the girl flat, but also the tiny flecks of paint around the edges made her look not as 2D. For the background, I layered the paper on the drawers and mirrors, and used specifically white paper with words that would appear faded when I glued them down, so the picture wouldn't be just white.
I usually work quickly, but this time I took my time to cut out the stencil and collage the background.

3 comments:

  1. With business writing services you can reflect the quality of your company by offering professional services like- business proposals, brochures, articles, newsletters, media communication, press releases, SEO content, reports, case studies and much more. websites

    ReplyDelete
  2. With business writing services you can reflect the quality of your company by offering professional services like- business proposals, brochures, articles, newsletters, media communication, press releases, SEO content, reports, case studies and much more.cool koi ponds

    ReplyDelete