Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mikayla's Typography Project "Laugh At Your Mistakes"

  
I think typography should be expressive as long as the artist has put a lot of thought and personality into the project.  Rather then a picture painting a thousand words, these words can paint a thousand pictures.  If a bold, fun, crazy person has made a typography piece that is bold, fun, and crazy, I would consider it expressive.  If someone just put a whole bunch of words on a page,  I would see the text as nothing more then that.

My Typography is expressive because, like my painting says, I am not afraid to make mistakes.  In fact, some of my mistakes that I have made previously made my art better.  In this piece, the paint represents the "mistake".  In this case, the fallen paint buckets make the art much more interesting to look at.  The splattered paint make the painting fun and colorful.
-By Mikayla Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment