Friday, October 14, 2011

Trinh Huynh -The Light Path

The title of my art piece is "The Light Path". It describes a new hope for people at the end of the road after all cheerlessness and loneliness. The inspiration for my piece came from Van Gogh. His life was dominated by a restless and depressive mental illness.  However, it was this illness that gave fired his artistic works with great joy and, sadly, equally great despair. I like how Van Gogh used thick layers of color to present the depth of his piece, so I tried to add different tones of color and different materials to create my depth. I painted the trees, sky, and grass and used wallpaper to collage the path. The shadow of the trees and the darker part of the path makes my piece have a greater depth. I also used different colors to represent green grass to make my piece more attractive. I struggled for a little while then finally found the way to describe my words.

1 comment: