Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Emma's "The Duck Reflection"

My painting/collage is of a duck and its reflection in the pond. For reference i used a picture of a duck, that i took myself. I focused on making the painting part of my piece look life-like. I also created depth in my piece by transitioning from a dark blue to a light blue. Also the ducks reflection in the pond helps to create depth and make it look for realistic. As you can see on the ducks head i used three different shades of green to make the ducks head pop out and look 3D. The collage seemed to be over powering the duck so i painted the reflection of the duck and some ripples in the water to create balance. I used many different textures in my collage to help bring the piece to life. I was very patient when working on this piece and i am happy with how it turned out. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment