Monday, October 17, 2011

Natalie Espinosa's Collage Project
This project took a lot of work to get every detail right, but it was worth it in the end and I am happy with the outcome.  The branches and background were painted over many different times to get just the right colors and 3D effect of the tree and eye. In the beginning I had decided to do a tree with teardrops coming from the branches, with bright colors on the sides to represent different emotions and contrast between neutral and bright colors.  In the end I decided to keep the background bright colors and keep the tree neutral, but make it seem like the eye was apart of the tree. I feel like it shows that things might look different from the outside but you have to look closer to see what’s actually there. I painted over the whole painting with modge podge so that the whole thing had the same shiny exterior. I looked at many different images on Google for the eye but ended up painting over the image I had copied from Google and making it my own with help from Christy. My inspiration came from people’s emotions and how they look on the outside verses how they feel on the inside. It also came from the fact that people usually look once but don’t bother to look closer at what else is there be it in a person, objects or even art pieces. To understand the art piece you have to look closer or you won’t understand the painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment