Thursday, October 13, 2011

Circle Fun!




The title of my project is “Circle Fun!” My hanging sculpture will be located in Embarcadero in down town San Diego for two of many reasons. The first one being the wind will allow my sculpture to spin around and around and look spectacular! Secondly, the Embarcadero is a place where all sorts of public art pieces, every shape and size, are placed. When traveling by the Embarcadero’s many pieces, you will come across mine, a rainbow of circles. The statement behind making my sculpture is to find the color of your life. Everywhere you look, there is color and I want people to see a variety of colors in my piece. To walk up to “Circle Fun” and say, “Wow, that is a lot of color!” And then turn around and notice all the colors around them. People will be able to step under my sculpture and emerge through it and looking up, circles of color will be looming above them. My circles will be made out of colored glass just like the work of Dale Chihuly’s. The sun will reflect off and shine color every where!

1 comment: