Friday, October 7, 2011

Marni`s Collage Project "Peepers"




For my piece titled "Peepers,” I added depth by using the various collage materials such as colored paper. I made him to resemble Pop art by using distinct shapes and colors. I paid close attention to color by using different colors for the background and keeping everything on him brown colors and his sweater green colors using frogs as the pattern. The colors that I used represent my understanding of color theory and application used by Pop artists. My painting is balanced because of the use of painting versus the use of collage because it is half painting and half collage. I used texture when I collaged my painting on the ears, mouth, and sweater. I took five class periods to finish Peepers. I mad 2 sketches and considered different ways to paint for I decided to use Pop art as my influence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment