Sunday, June 3, 2012

Natalie Espinosa's Final Project "The Back Bone"

My artist of inspiration is Rebecca Coy. She is an abstract, contemporary artist from New Jersey in her late 20's. Her work inspires me because you can see the passion and feeling in her artwork and it is spontaneous instead of a structured realistic painting. Everything in life is realistic. Her abstract art gives you an escape from reality and a look at the depths, emotions, and greater things of our world. A lot of people can create a still life picture copied from a photo or by looking at something. However, most abstract art comes from within and uses creativity by coming up with your own art instead of copying something that already exists. I think her work represents our core value of resourcefulness. I know resourcefulness is supposed to be about looking other place to find the answer. However, Rebecca Coy does something even better than that. She looks inside herself and in my opinion that is the best way to be resourceful. I incorporated this into my piece because I tried to be creative and resourceful by finding a balance with my color scheme by using a variety of colors that complimented each other. I used cool colors in my painting and the background is symmetrical. However the dominant part of the piece, in the foreground, is asymmetrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment