Monday, June 4, 2012

Julia Chuang's Final Project "Carnival of Paint??"



My artist of inspiration is Amy Shackleton.  She makes drip art. She is currently 25 years old. Her works inspires me because it is amazing! She makes beautiful landscapes from dripping paint and rotating the canvas! One of her most famous paintings she creates depth of field in a landscape. In the foreground is a river, in the middle ground are fields and cliffs, and in the background is a mountain and the sky. The color scheme includes warm colors for the cliffs, and cool colors for the river, fields, and mountains. She uses some gradation when she uses different shades of each color. Her piece is asymmetrical because it is not the same on both sides. The dripping paint creates almost a pattern of repeating lines in the cliffs, fields, and sky. The dominant thing in this painting is the mountain even though it is in the background; all the middle ground objects are made with dripping lines leading toward the mountain. Her work represents the curiosity in intellectual curiosity because she makes art in way others haven’t, which also inspires me. I did this in my piece when I used the marshmallows to drip paint and cause the paint to split off into different directions.
            I was resourceful when creating this piece when I did not know what to use to make the paint split. I ended up using foam marshmallows to split the paint. I used intellectual curiosity when I researched how she made her paintings when I didn’t need to. My piece represents the quality of work that I completed this year because it is fun, colorful, took time to think of, well made, has a nice color scheme, and I experimented with different ideas before I chose one.

No comments:

Post a Comment