Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Emma's Kurt Cobain

I was inspired to do this project because Kurt Cobain is one of my idols. I love his music and art. One of the biggest challenges I faced when creating this project was getting the proportions and depth of field right, and perfecting the subordinate details. I used pencils on paper because that’s what i’m best at, and I think it’s easier to shade and use gradation. It also fits the color scheme best. I used a variety of different values  of pencils to improve the shading.
I was resourceful when doing this project because when Christy wasn’t available I asked fellow classmates for help, and opinions. I was very intellectually curious when it came to this piece because I have tried to do this piece on my own before but it never turned out quite right. I was very curious to get help on it and see what I could do to improve it. I think that this piece shows how much I have improved over the past year, with drawing, attitude, and pretty much everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment