Monday, June 4, 2012

Lillie's Galaxy




The woman artist who inspired me to make my painting was Alizey Khan. She is a contemporary artist and does
astronomical paintings. She also creates modern art but the one I was inspired by was one of her astronomical paintings. Her work inspires me by giving me guidelines on how to create my painting. For example, the painting that I was inspired by had warm colors in the foreground and cool colors in the background. This painting represents our school’s core value resourcefulness because when you are resourceful you have to think out of the box and space is never ending like all of the things you can do when you are being resourceful. 
When I was doing my art project I was being resourceful by creating textures with a sponge and paper towels to create gradation in the background. I used intellectual curiosity to enhance this project by researching different ideas till I picked what really inspired me. I also asked Christy about how to do different techniques to create different  ways of shading the cool colors and to create depth. I created depth by making the blue lighter in the background and when I started to layer the paint I made it darker so it would make the white pop out. The quality of this painting shows the time and effort I put into all of my work over the year. It also represents how I have spent a good amount  time on all of my art and come after school to finish my projects if there is no time left in class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment