Monday, June 4, 2012

Artist of Inspiration by Madeleine Skipworth


About My Artist of Inspiration
My artists of inspiration are Debi McSwain and Jordanka Yaretz. Debi Mcswain is an abstract and realist artist. She paints people but mostly animals. She is currently working, she paints daily and post them on her daily blog. Jordanka Yaretz work is also very pretty. She is an abstract and contemporary artist. She was born in Canada and is a self-taught artist. Each one of her painting is figurative. They are supposed to represent a simple time in her childhood and her time period is now.

I liked their artwork because they took living things and painted them abstractly. I think their artwork stands out. I have never seen art done in this way before. In Debi’s artwork she created value. She would choose which the direction the light is coming and then shade it that way. Jordanka would use still life in her artwork. Mostly she paints trees and puts all the detail and texture on the tree and in the background.

Their artwork show compassion because they paint what they are compassionate about. Jordanka paints trees and she is most passionate about her painting of trees. Debi paints animals but mostly horses. This shows their compassion for painting what they love. I incorporated it in my piece because I love nature (tree) and the tree is showing my love for horses. My piece shows my compassion for animals and nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment